Sunday, August 8, 2021

 Not quilting related post but...

I hope you've been watching the Olympic Games! As I was watching the closing ceremony I wondered where will it be next and to my surprise I saw they are going to take place in Paris, France in 2024!!! 

Then I could not remember why the announcements were in French, then English then Japanese so I looked it up and found:

..., the founder of the IOC and “father” of the modern Olympics was a Frenchman, Baron Pierre de Coubertin. He saw the Games as an embodiment of noble ideals with a role in promoting peace and cross-cultural understanding. 

In addition, he believed the competition itself, the struggle to overcome opponents, was more important than winning.

So true!

I'm so glad the Games happened! Amazing athletes from all over the world!

Beautiful closing ceremony!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment